Avery Kate

Avery Kate was a healthy ten week old baby girl who went to sleep for a nap and woke up in Heaven. We miss her every second of every day. SIDS became a reality in our family and we will never forget our beautiful baby girl.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Everything Happens for a Reason

Sunday, November 6. I woke up that morning to a text message from Terri. She and Jessica wanted to come and see the girls for a little while. Hallie was jumping up and down with excitement. I dressed Avery Kate in a little pink and gray Hallie hand-me-down (of course). It had the cutest little hoodie. Terri and Jessica picked up Five Guys Burgers and Fries for us to eat. It was wonderful! They visited with us, but mostly fought over who was going to hold Avery Kate. Terri actually fell asleep on the kitchen sofa with Avery Kate so sweet and peaceful on her shoulder. I ran over and took a picture with Terri's phone. They were just too cute! It really was the perfect day. I was so glad they came, and it was just spur of the moment. Actually, now I know that God had that planned all along.
So back in April or May My good friend Lindsey from Houston sent me some matching pajamas for the girls. I kept Hallie's in Avery Kate's room because I didn't want her to wear them without her sister. I looked at those jammies often and could not wait for them to wear them together. I did fear that one would outgrow them before the other would fit in hers. I kept waiting and waiting for Avery Kate to fit in hers. That same Sunday night I thought, hey, let's try tonight! I was so excited about it. I bathed them both together and put their jammies on them. They fit! They looked so cute. I, of course, took a bunch of pictures of them together and texted them to friends and family. Brandon's mom, Mrs. Christy, came over to see the girls. Brandon and I were doing our usual "cheers" and "stunts" with Hallie in the living room. We had such a great time. I just loved those little jammies on them. It was something I looked forward to so much and God maade sure I had no regrets, once again. I realize it's something so little, but those are the things I looked forward to with having two little girls so close in age. They were only two years and two months apart. Hallie was such a good big sister to Avery Kate. I thank God for their time together, even though it was not nearly the time I had imagined it would be. And we all know it was not nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment