Avery Kate

Avery Kate was a healthy ten week old baby girl who went to sleep for a nap and woke up in Heaven. We miss her every second of every day. SIDS became a reality in our family and we will never forget our beautiful baby girl.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Week Back at School

So my first day back with the kids at school was November 1. It was rough to get back in the swing of things, but Brandon and I had worked out a system at home. We would take turns feeding her every morning and also alternate which side of the bed we would put her swing. (She ended up hating her bassinet and would only sleep quietly in her swing) I would bring Avery Kate to the sitter and Brandon would bring Hallie to hers. I would pick them both up in the afternoon. I would always pick up Avery Kate first because she was closest to me, and her babysitter, Honey and Pops, stopped working at 4:00 where Mrs. Kathy, Hallie's sitter, would keep them until 5:30. Our system worked wonderful for us.
At school, I was finally remembering all the kids names again and learning what our schedule was like. It's funny how your brains go to mush after having a baby! I had the hardest time remembering how to do things! The kids adjusted well though, and I felt like my life was right where it was supposed to be. I just loved everything in my life; my husband, my children,my family,  my friends, my job, etc. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I was literally on cloud nine.
Saturday, November 5. Finally it was time for the big LSU/Alabama game! I dressed Avery Kate in her LSU Tiger onesie. She was smiling for me on her changing table, so I took pictures of her with my phone. She was just starting to smile at us, and I wasn't going to miss a single one! We went to our friend's house to watch the game. Avery Kate was so good! My friend, Heather held her while I made the green beans. Hallie made herself some new friends and was running around like crazy. We had a projector in their garage and watched the game there. We put Avery Kate in her car seat with a blanket...the infamous blanket of course... and she slept the entire game- screams, claps, and all- our baby was sound asleep! LSU won during OT and everyone was happy. I changed her into her pink and white striped Kissy Kissy footsie outfit and the matching little hat since it was kind of cold outside. She was just so snugly! I remember holding her and sniffing that sweet baby scent. I'd give anything to have that moment back...anything. We went home and put the girls to sleep. We had an amazing night with both of our girls right by our sides. What more could a parent ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment