Avery Kate

Avery Kate was a healthy ten week old baby girl who went to sleep for a nap and woke up in Heaven. We miss her every second of every day. SIDS became a reality in our family and we will never forget our beautiful baby girl.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Inspiration

Tuesday, November 8. Back in August we found out that a little boy in my second grade class had Osteosarcoma. He had been going through chemotherapy treatments the past few months. His mom told him that God did not do this to him because he was bad, but because God knew he was strong enough to handle it. I just thought how amazing that mother was and how she saw the positive in such a sad situation. I knew I could never handle things.
Our school had a fundraiser for the little boy and we had invited him and his parents to come to school to get the check. They came to my classroom and we videoed it all. They were speechless and in tears at the amount of money we raised for them. They were just so thankful! The little boy was so happy to see his classmates and answered all the questions the kids had for him. As they left I had such a strong feeling of happiness and inspiration from that mom. I wanted to be just like her. She wasn't going to let life get her down. At that moment I knew she was the strongest person I knew. Tears of joy came to my eyes. God had them in his arms. They were taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment