Avery Kate

Avery Kate was a healthy ten week old baby girl who went to sleep for a nap and woke up in Heaven. We miss her every second of every day. SIDS became a reality in our family and we will never forget our beautiful baby girl.

Monday, December 19, 2011

From the Beginning

I've decided to create this blog to help me to heal from the loss of my 2 month old baby girl, Avery Kate. We lost her to SIDS and have no other cause of death. I'm also hoping that by sharing my thoughts and feelings, I may be able to help someone else too.
To bring you all up to speed, I am starting at the very beginning of my story. It was January 5, 2011. I got a phone call at school in Lake Charles, LA from my mom telling me that my PawPaw had stage 4 lung cancer. I was completely devastated and immediately left school. On my way out of town I started thinking, well what if I'm pregnant?? I could bring some good news to New Iberia right? Since I wasn't due to start my period for another 3 days, I knew this could be a long shot. Sure enough the test said positive, but it was almost as if I had to cross my eyes a little bit to see it. But I knew! My husband, Brandon told me to get blood work done on my way out of town to see my PawPaw just to be sure. I picked up my 18 month old daughter, Hallie, from her baby sitter, had my blood work done at a local path lab, and stopped at a t-shirt shop to have Hallie a "I'm the Big Sister" shirt made. I just thought what a great way to tell everyone! Almost 2 hours later, I drive up at the hospital in New Iberia and get the phone call from the Path Lab. INDECISIVE! What!!! So it's not positive, but it's not negative??? great... no sharing this news today. And it was for the best, because the family was just not emotionally stable enough to hear this news. Two days later, I did more blood work and got that call I'd been waiting for... "You're pregnant!" she said. Then we were able to share the news with all our family and friends. It was such an amazing moment to be able to tell Hallie that she would be a big sister. Unforgettable!

No comments:

Post a Comment