Avery Kate

Avery Kate was a healthy ten week old baby girl who went to sleep for a nap and woke up in Heaven. We miss her every second of every day. SIDS became a reality in our family and we will never forget our beautiful baby girl.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Something's not right...

Friday, September 23, 2011. I had been congested during the week and I felt like Avery Kate may have caught it too. She just didn't sound right. Our regular pediatrician was out of the office so I texted my friend Sara to see who I should see as a backup. I didn't want her to go the whole weekend being sick. My Text message to Sara read, "Poor baby is just not herself....I know she's 3 weeks old but still. I know how she is already." I went in to see the doctor and he told me how babies breathe through their noses and she was OK. So weird right? I swore she was sick. The following week my baby girl still sounded like a little piggy. I brought her in to see HER doctor this time. Well you would know he told me the exact same thing! Avery Kate is healthy and happy, she's OK. WHAT!! I hid my face as I walked out because I just felt like "one of those mothers." I was so embarrassed until our doctor said, "Brandi, come by any day this week or this weekend. I will check her out again if you think something is wrong. Don't feel bad for caring about your baby." That made me feel much better. We left and went home.
I'm so glad that I went the these two doctors because I am rest assured that nothing was wrong with Avery Kate and there was nothing that could have been done to prevent her death. God made sure I had two different opinions that way I knew she was OK. I have no regrets. She honestly was a healthy baby. Looking back at these few weeks, I think God did this for a reason. He saved me from wondering....
What if something was wrong and I could have fixed it? What if I missed something? I never think that, and I am so relieved and blessed that these thoughts aren't going through my head. God was looking out for me, and I know he still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment