Avery Kate

Avery Kate was a healthy ten week old baby girl who went to sleep for a nap and woke up in Heaven. We miss her every second of every day. SIDS became a reality in our family and we will never forget our beautiful baby girl.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Coincidence? I think not!

January 5, 2012. I went to school that Thursday just like any other day. I was finally doing better. (I had accidentally driven to Honey and Pops house one morning and just went in and gave her the biggest hug. I felt so much better after that, and never cried on my way to school again! Funny how that was all I needed.) Anyways, The butterflies had finally settled and I was enjoying my day at school. Brandon called me and told me that an ambulance bill had gone to Honey and Pops house so Pops brought it to Brandon at work. "I'm so glad you didn't have to see this, Brandi," he said. "Why? How much was it?" I asked. "It's not the money, it's the fact that they itemized every single thing they used on Avery Kate that day," he explained. Thank goodness I didn't have to see that. It's bad enough that I can't get that day out of my head, that would have added to it in the worst way. Then Brandon told me that Pops let him know that it was Honey's birthday. I sent her a text telling her happy birthday, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but wonder why that date seemed so familiar. Then, it hit me! This was the day that I found out I was pregnant for Avery Kate!! What a very special day for the two of them to share.
On another note, it also made a year that my Paw Paw found out he had cancer. I called to check on him, and my mom told me they had decided to put him on Hospice. He was at home and doing good, but it was just better this way. It really upset me, but I knew he was doing good, and a part of me felt like he had been hanging on for this long because he knew I couldn't handle any more upset at this point. So on this day, I remembered the good moments in my pregnancy, and the good moments I had with Avery Kate and Paw Paw. It was a good day. I sure did need a good day in my life. And some people may think all of this was just a coincidence.... but I think not! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment